Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birdbath Sculpture Work in Progress: Final Days of Painting

Here are the final days of painting the birdbath sculpture. If you look closely you will see a purple smudge on the bottom magenta shape, which was painted out in the following picture. Because I would go around the sculpture and paint one color at a time, when I bent into the form to paint, my clothing sometimes got smeared with wet paint which inevitably got transferred onto the sculpture. But don't worry about my clothes, I rarely paint in high end designer evening gowns.


Painting the stamen top had to be done in small increments as I had to move the scaffolding to make a spiraling pattern upward with yellow, orange and magenta.


The second to the last day I had the sculpture moved off of the workhorses and put on the ground. This was because of the tilt of the top petals made it difficult to paint.


Before the lowering, I put the first coat of Lascaux UV varnish on the bottom.



Almost done!

2 comments:

  1. Love these colors and what an amazing job you have done!! It will be enjoyed by many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work!! Love the colors you used. It will be enjoyed by many!!!!

    ReplyDelete