Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birdbath Sculpture Last Day in Art Studio

I should say last day in the garage. Because of the 48" base petal and heavy weight, I decided that was the best place for it. When I started working on it in early April, there were days when I had to wear a winter coat, gloves and long johns to stay warm. I had tried space heaters but they kept blowing a fuse with the necessary lights. When I finished it it early May, it was warm out and a few windless days I could actually open the garage door to paint.

The bottom tier is glossy because I varnished it before it was lowered to the floor. I haven't seen the sculpture since it was dropped off to be clear coated. Next time I see it, it will be on display at the InBloom exhibit in OakBrook Center and I'll be able to take pictures of it at a distance. 

So here's how the birdbath looked when I finished painting it:






2 comments:

  1. I thought there were going to be black outlines on stuff. I like this though - very colorful. Sorry I couldn't have joined you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never intended to put black outlines like my watercolor and ink paintings. A nice idea, just difficult with the grooves and painting around the stamen and the edges.

    ReplyDelete