Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fever or Forgotten Wings

My poetry book has been published! Fever or Forgotten Wings is a book of poetry that traces my spiritual evolution. It takes its name from a line in Pablo Neruda'a influential masterpiece "Poetry". Through dissecting Neruda's verse, I explore philosophical, psychological and religious issues that engage the reader to reflect upon his or her life. 

Like the diversity in my paintings, my poems are crafted in a variety of styles. My poetic sensibility ranges from simple rhyme to epic verse, as each poem builds upon the theme. The book depicts a view of reality that is mystical in nature.

This is a self-publishing project that I produced entirely by myself. The cover painting is entitled "Reflecting" and is from my Base Relief series. I did all the graphic design from formatting the pages to book design. It was edited by Robin Kedzior.

The book is available on Amazon.com here. This is not my first book of poetry, though it is the first to have a ISBN bar code on the back cover.  In the 90s, I made my own poetry books. I printed them on a Xerox machine and stapled each book together by hand. Now that's what I call real self-publishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment