Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When the Earth and Sky Meet

I just started selling prints of my paintings on Fine Art America. The first one I posted is from my Dreamscape series called "Earth and Sky Meet":


The reason why I chose to begin with this particular painting is because it is my most popular. It depicts the connection between the sun, sky and earth. The image represents the interdependence of life by combining elements. The blending of the sun into a greenish plant leaf and the forms around the sun show the continuity of change. I love how the blue flowing ribbons can be interpreted as clouds or water due to their movement.

The spiritual aspect is also represented by the spiraling Eye of God in the sun. The plant reaching for the sun is mankind's yearning for spiritual substance and also signifies renewal and and the rebirth of spring. 

Prints of "Earth and Sky Meet" are available on canvas and on paper as well as greeting cards. They can be purchased here from Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment