Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How May You Best Serve the World?

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was uncertain as to what she needed to do next. We all find ourselves in that place at least one time in our lives. It might be after graduation, divorce, losing a job or a loved one. Whatever took place, our life is in transition, it's on a kind of temporary time out. This is good, it allows us to recharge, take a look around and see what our driving desire is.

For some, that is easy, they have a passion like art or working with kids or cooking or talking to people. Then there are those individuals who don't have a primary passion, or who find out that what worked in the past, no longer serves them. Maybe these people are content with where they are and no change is needed at the present moment.

The conversation with my friend got me thinking, how do you decide what to do when you just don't know what to do next? One way is by going beyond the ego and asking yourself: How may I best serve the world? When I say the world, I am speaking of your own sphere of influence. It's as big or small as you make it.

So ask yourself: What talent, knowledge or ability do I have that makes me unique? We all have different personalities, abilities and interests. How can you use yours to make another person's life brighter?

No comments:

Post a Comment