Sunday, July 3, 2011

GooStudio Zazzle Store is Open for Business

Last winter, I was showing the Zazzle website to my boyfriend, Chris. He's an artist and graphic designer like me and he wanted to try one of my designs on a product. I had just shown him some recent digital work I did and he was impressed. 

I often scan in my watercolor paintings at various stages and then play around with the images in Photoshop. I've been altering my art this way since I started using Photoshop when I was employed as a graphic designer for the Chicago Tribune. Back in the late 80's and early 90's, computers were so slow that when you did something that took a lot of memory, you had to go get a cup of coffee, come back and you still had to wait for the image to process. And today if something takes 10 seconds to load, it's way too long!

So Chris, being the ever-cool skateboard dude, decided to try one of my designs on Zazzle's shoes because he thought that my art would appeal to skateboarders. He picked out a pair of women's Ked slip-ons because be wanted to put a spiral on the top of the shoe. We both played around with the Zazzle online creator and had a lot of fun.

This is the original digital file. I am deliberately posting it in low resolution to deter people from stealing my art. I was going to watermark the image here with my name but it was hard to see the design. It is watermarked on the Zazzle site. Also, my art is copyright protected so please don't use it for anything.

I named this design Fusion, for the shoe, I added the word fuchsia to indicate the main color.

Here are a few images of the Ked's women's Fuschia Fusion shoe from my GooStudio Zazzle store:

 



Here is the link to my GooStudio Zazzle Store. Right now I have this design on mugs, iPhone and iPad cases, a mousepad, bag, tie and small speakers. More products and designs to come! Even skateboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment