Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birdbath for In Bloom Public Art Exhibit

Over the years, I found out about public art exhibits to paint fiberglass statues (like Chicago's Cows on Parade) but it was always too late or too faraway to participate. So when I got an email inviting me to apply to the In Bloom exhibit, I jumped at the idea. In Bloom is the theme of a sculptural art exhibit whose proceeds go to help a local nonprofit organization, HCS Family Services. They serve individuals and families of southeast Dupage County in Illinois with a food pantry, financial assistance in times of need, and programs that empower people and help them move towards self-sufficiency.

The In Bloom exhibit will be held this May–September at Oakbrook Center in Oak Brook, Illinois. It features garden sculptures that will be auctioned off in September. I will be exhibiting a 5 ft. birdbath that will be painted in vibrant flowing colors. My sponsor for this exhibit is Sharpie. In upcoming posts I will be detailing the creative progress of this sculptural piece. The following pictures show the fiberglass form in its original state: 



No comments:

Post a Comment